Grove will seek reimbursement from tenants for unnecessary repair and maintenance work caused by their action or carelessness. This can be applied during a tenancy or for damage found after a tenancy has been terminated. Examples are:
- Having Grove send out heating engineers when there was no fault with the heating system, for example where gas or oil has run out, or the wall or radiator thermostat was turned down.
- Having Grove send out an electrician when a fault in a tenant’s own appliance was tripping the power supply.
- Damage to external or internal doors and frames.
- Replacing original doors with ones that do not match, or do not meet fire or safety regulations.
- Locking oneself out so locks have to be broken into and changed.
- Damage caused by pets.
- Making unsafe changes to the electrical installation.