Housing Benefit is a social security benefit administered by the Housing Executive. It helps people on a low income pay their rent and rates. You do not need to be unemployed to get Housing Benefit.

It is your responsibility to claim any Housing Benefit due to you but we will help you if you require assistance. Applications are made to the Housing Executive and it is most important that you provide them with whatever information they ask for.

Their address is:

Northern Ireland Housing Executive
Housing Benefit (Private Sector)
32-36 Great Victoria Street

Telephone: 03448 920 902

If you do not provide the necessary forms and information promptly, you may lose your Benefit entitlement and we will therefore ask you to pay the rent owed to us yourself.

If in receipt of Housing Benefit, all changes of circumstances, such as people moving into or out of your home, need to be reported to the Housing Executive. Grove has an obligation to report changes if you do not.

How do I make a claim for Housing Benefit?

If you think that you might be entitled to Housing Benefit you will need to apply by filling in an HB1 form. They are available from our office or you can download one here: claim form  (the link may take a little time to open).

Housing Benefit calculator: to find out how much Housing Benefit you may be entitled to, you can use the online Housing Benefit calculator.